|This wheel has the details spinners have come to expect with Kromski products - lots of finely turned wood, attention to detail, and all the features spinners ask for. Start with a good size wheel diameter - 24" - that rotates on bearing sleeves that contribute to effortless treadling. The double treadles are well engineered to be comfortable through long spinning sessions. The flyer is double drive but also has Scotch tensioning for single drive use (at no additional charge). The bobbins are large size - and hold about 50% more yarn than some other popular bands- and they fit on all the other Kromski wheels if you start a collection.
The Symphony is made of European alder and birch. This a perfect wheel for reenactors. Additional specifications:
wheel diameter - 24"
• orifice height - 27"; size - 3/8"
• bobbins: 3 included; will fit all other Kromski wheels; Kromski regular bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins; a plus for any spinner
• also includes threading hook, arch style tensioned Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil
• Ratios: 7.5, 10, 16 and 20 to 1; 2 whorls included
• bearings on wheel shaft and treadle; leather bearings on flyer
• weight - 15 lbs.
This wheel comes boxed as a kit and requires about an hour to assemble.
If you are able to come to the shop to pick up your wheel, we are happy to assemble it for you free of charge.